I LOVE Thanksgiving. It's my favorite holiday. Truth be told, I get a little defensive about Thanksgiving.
Retailers seem to feel it's ok to devote a teeny portion of their shelves to Thanksgiving. Let's face it. After Halloween is over, Christmas takes center stage like the blinged-out, holiday diva she is. I totally get it because how many variations of gourds can a retailer display?
Here is what I love about Thanksgiving:
- It's all inclusive. Americans of all ethnicities, religious backgrounds, etc. can partake in this day of giving thanks and feasting.
- Did someone say feasting? Elastic waistbands were designed for and rule this day. Don't second guess this one. Wear them. You're welcome
- You can make it your own. Whether you are vegan and serving a Tofurkey, or are Salvadoran and crafting your bird ala pan con chumpe, it's all good.
- It's totally acceptable (if not expected) to have the tv going...All. Day. Long.
- Finally, it's a day dedicated to expressing GRATITUDE. You know we are BIG on gratitude and believe it can pave the way for miracles in your life. If you are interested in making gratitude a daily practice easily,
check out how here.
However you choose to celebrate, whatever is on your menu, please know *|FNAME|*, that Cher and I are SO thankful for YOU!
And personally speaking, I get to create and work alongside my other Inspired half, my-sister-from-another-mister, friend-to-the end, the other C (the one who can sing, cuz I sure can't). I am so damned grateful for Cher!
So please count your blessings, savor every bite, and bask in this crazy and awesome ride we call life.
In gratitude and sweatpants,