Some self-care practices don’t necessarily feel or look like self-care. They are confronting issues we don’t want to, or initiating tough conversations we’d rather not have. These are the life “tasks” that will negatively impact our well-being if we don’t cross them off our “to-do list.” By sticking our heads in the sand, we ARE failing to take care of ourselves.
One nontraditional area of self-care that often gets overlooked is financial wellness. It’s no secret that money is one of the biggest causes of stress in America – especially today in the midst of a global healthcare and now, economic crisis. There are few people’s finances, if any, that haven’t been negatively impacted by the Corona Virus. Now, more than ever, it’s important to recognize that effectively managing your personal finances IS a form of self-care.
On Tuesday, April 7th at 7pm, we are going to address this very issue in our first ever Virtual Sister Talk. Joining us for this timely event is Joan Mistrough, Founder and Personal Financial Coach for Money Proud Financial Coaching. In our one-on-one interview with Joan, we will discuss:
- the importance of your thoughts, beliefs, and emotions around money
- specific and simple shifts that will help you decrease debt, stretch our your dollars, and grow the money you already have...even in this time of crisis.
- creating a budget that reflects your current reality as well as your goals
- existing options and programs coming into place that can help you minimize or defer monthly outlay
- ways to mitigate financial stress and prevent it from affecting your health and relationships
- you've been directly impacted by the effects of the Corona Virus, such as job loss or decreased income
- you avoid looking at your credit card bills, bank statements, expenses, or any other financial paperwork
- you know it's time to put on your big girl panties when it comes to money, yet you continue to resist and procrastinate
- you find yourself unable to sleep worrying about money
- you and your significant other argue about money
Please register below! All you need to attend this Virtual Sister Talk is a phone/computer/tablet to log into Zoom Video Conferencing App. You will need to pre-register in order to receive a Zoom Meeting invite from us in advance of the call.
We know you’re hungry for a different financial reality than you may be currently experiencing. But the best way to change a reality you don’t like is to look it in the eye and conquer it. And it’s good for your future self, too. The sooner you get started, the more time you have to work toward your goals or rebuilding your goals. Taking action steps, no matter how small, will make you feel empowered. Plus, as with any self-care practice, the more consistent you are with it, the better it gets!
Please join us. Together, we can emerge from this wiser and stronger.
With love and abundance,
P.S. We are offering this Sister Talk for FREE. You just need to RSVP and we'll send you a personal Zoom link to join us.