Do you start your sentences with, "I'm sorry but..." or "Can I please just say something here?" You are not alone, Sisters!
Come hang with us for our next Be Inspired Sister Talk: FINDING OUR VOICE: Stop Asking for Permission scheduled for March 12th at 7pm at Creative Twist Events.
In a cozy and supportive setting, we'll address the small, often subconscious things that we (as women) do every day that significantly reduces our personal authority and success in the workplace and in our relationships. Our goal is to help you to:
- stop apologizing for what you are about to say
- stop asking for permission
Wanna know why?
Because you don’t need permission to live how you want and nor should you feel badly about it.
It's one thing to be aggressive (which we are not promoting). It's an entirely other matter to be ASSERTIVE.
It's about owning who you are and living life on your terms. It's about not giving away your personal power.
There is a fine art to female assertiveness. It's innate in all of us. We're just going to bring out your masterpiece on March 12th!
Join us as we explore:
- Why in this modern day and age, women are still apologizing or trying to make themselves seem small
- How to break the cycle of asking for permission
- Female communication patterns (both verbal and non-verbal) including upspeak and how that goes off the wrong impression
- Practicing assertiveness skills with each other
- Your concerns/struggle around this issue in a supportive and encouraging environment
And for those of you not familiar with our Sister Talks, we are not going to talk at you or give a formal presentation. A Sister Talk is merely carving out a sacred space where we can all come together and explore all of the ways we can grow and thrive as women; where being a woman is supported, revered and celebrated.
It’s the book club where you don’t have to read the book. Just show up and talk. Or just listen. Have a glass of wine. Stay for a bit or for the entire duration (from 7pm-9pm). Register online here or just show up at the door. It’s all good.
We created Sister Talks and this topic for YOU. Will you join us tonight?
You will feel empowered and so liberated when you finally stop saying sorry for something that isn’t your fault, stop using too many “please and thank yous”and stop asking for permission.
Carolyn & Cher
Register here or just show up and pay at the door.