When things feel out of control, and the news has got you down, stress and anxiety levels tend to skyrocket – and it’s not without reason. Some of you may be or have a loved one directly impacted by the Coronavirus. Others may have lost jobs. Some may be “working from home” while managing their children’s needs. You and your partner may be operating on high-stress levels. For those living alone, this social distancing mandate can be incredibly isolating.
It’s a lot to deal with.
So what’s (self)-love got to do? …got do to with it? Sorry! Tina fans here. We couldn’t resist.
Self-Love allows you to be your best possible self in the worst possible scenario. It enables you to more present and calm in all aspects of your life and better support for your loved ones. Studies show that self-love and -compassion are vital components of strong mental health and keeping anxiety at bay. These studies also demonstrate that having more self-compassion builds resilience in the face of adversity, helping people to recover more quickly from trauma. And just so we’re clear, living though this COVID pandemic IS traumatic.
On Wednesday, May 13th at 7pm, we invite you to join us for Managing Coronavirus-Related Anxiety: A Workshop on Self-Love & Preservation. Self-Love Coach and Psychologist, Joann Tavares, shares her personal journey as someone who deeply struggled with her own sense of self-worth to becoming a Self-Love Ninja . Specifically, she will help you to:
- understand why cultivating self-love is so critical in managing your anxiety – especially right now.
- learn simple tools to embrace self-worth and quell anxiety
- identify your personal self-limiting beliefs, kick them to the curb, and choose a new narrative for yourself
- recognize your inherent core values, and how to live and lead by them every day
- embrace gratitude as your inner superpower
- realize that strengthening your mindfulness muscle will give birth to an unshakeable inner core of strength and calm. Buh-bye anxiety!
We hope you’ll join us! RSVP here.
Stay inside. Stay healthy. And love yourself.